Welcome to the website of Home Genie
The terms ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Home Genie and the terms ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to you, the user of the website.
The use of the Home Genie website
- The content of our website is purely for your own use. Our website is updated regularly so with this in mind, please refer to the website for the most up to date and accurate information.
- Our best efforts go in to keeping the website as up to date and accurate as possible. However, we cannot take responsibility in the rare instance there may be an inaccuracy on the website. We endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies as soon as possible.
- All the information on our website is owned by us, including content, design and images. We are strictly prohibited from using copyrighted content.
- Unauthorised use of our website may include links from other sites. We are not responsible and do not have any control over the content of third party websites.
- Unauthorised and unethical use of the website can be claimed as a damage of property by us. The Home Genie website is based on the Property Laws in England and Wales.
- We maintain the right to change our website content at any time.
- We have reviewed and followed the relevant policies to ensure our website complies with UK legislation.
- We cannot guarantee that our website will operate without any disturbance. There may be the occasional instance where the website is unavailable, i.e. if maintenance is urgently required.
- If, as a result of using our website, you have suffered from loss of property or money, we are not responsible for any type of claim from you, even if the loss relates to an inaccuracy on our website.
- You are responsible for ensuring your computer system is up to date in accessing our website in order to make full use of its functionality. It is also your responsibility to ensure security measures are in place to protect your system from any viruses.
- Once you have got in touch, and providing your property fits within our predefined criteria, Home Genie will make an initial offer. This is an offer based on the market value of your property.
- We ensure that everyone we work with during the process of purchasing a property has had an identity check and are verified.
- If the initial offer is accepted, we will arrange for an asset management company to conduct an appraisal of your property. This will include a valuation from a local estate agent.
- Once we receive the appraisal, we will make you a formal offer, which will be subject to the findings from a survey and contract. If you decide to proceed to our formal offer, we will instruct an RICS Chartered Surveyor to inspect your home. This will be paid for by Home Genie.
- Should the inspection uncover any issues, the offer may be changed.
- A lawyer will need to be appointed at this point. You can choose one of the lawyers shortlisted by Home Genie and we will cover all costs. However, if you feel more comfortable appointing your own lawyer, then we will give you £500 to cover the costs on completion.
- If you opt to choose your own lawyer, they will be required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance of over £2,000,000, have at least two other members of staff, be a solicitor or licensed conveyancer situated in the UK and have no disciplinary procedures or activity enlisted against them.
- On receipt of the legal documents and the RICS overview, the formal offer will be reconfirmed. If the legal report identifies an issue with the property, the offer may be changed. These reports will be accessible for review via your lawyer.
- There is no commitment to continue with Home Genie until contracts are exchanged. This process will be managed by your legal team and is when a completion date will be agreed.
- Your property will be offered to Home Genie empty on completion, unless an alternative arrangement has been agreed.
- Under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you are allowed a cooling off period of 14 days from the date of a marked agreement. However, if you pull out at this stage you will be liable for covering the expenses incurred by Home Genie.
- We are full members of the National Association of Property Buyers, which is committed to providing the highest possible standards in the property buying sector. We also are registered with The Property Ombudsman, meaning that we follow its Code of Practice and follow the principles that home owners are treated fairly and can in the event of a dispute, access an independent remedial service.
Home Genie accepts no liability for the content of its website and any risk can be prohibited by law.
Home Genie will always aim to complete in a timescale to suit you however acknowledges no risk if a completion date cannot be met.